- Never attend any meetings among competitors during which price issues will be discussed.
- Never be party to an arrangement or agreement, written or verbal, concerning fixing prices, sales terms, profit margins, market share, market divisions, or bidding.
- Never engage in any trade practice that constitutes resale price maintenance or restriction.
- Never abuse the dominant bargaining position or sign an agreement containing unfair terms or conditions of trade.
Compliance with Fair Competition Laws and Regulations
Many countries have fair trade laws to protect consumer interests and to ensure sound growth of their national economies. Monopolies or cartels are prohibited, and any company found in violation is subject to severe punishment and heavy fines. Such penalties could irreversibly damage the offending company. In many jurisdictions, violations of the fair trade laws can result in personal fines and imprisonment for company managers.
The MIKASA Group obeys fair trade laws in the respective countries in which we do business. The following are just a few examples of behavior that should be avoided:
Basic policy for antisocial forces
Mikasa Shoji Co., Ltd. has established the following basic policy for antisocial forces, and all officers and employees By observing this, we will endeavor to ensure the appropriateness and safety of our business.
- Correspondence as an organization
- Collaboration with external specialized agencies
- Block all relationships, including transactions
- Legal response in an emergency
- Prohibition of back-door transactions and funding
- Ensuring employee safety
For antisocial forces, we have established "antisocial force management rules" within the company, and we will respond to antisocial forces as a whole organization, including the representative director and other top management.
We will always work to eliminate antisocial forces in cooperation with external specialized agencies such as police, lawyers, the Council for Corporate Defense Measures, and the Federation of Corporate Defense Measures.
We will block all relationships with antisocial forces, including business relationships. In addition, we will categorically reject unreasonable demands from antisocial forces.
We will take legal action against unreasonable demands from antisocial forces from both civil and criminal perspectives.
Even if an unreasonable demand by an antisocial force is due to a scandal in business activities or a scandal of an employee, we will not make a back-door transaction to conceal the case. In addition, we will not provide funding to antisocial forces.
We will ensure the safety of officers and employees in response to unreasonable demands from antisocial forces.